Monday, March 10, 2014

Frank Schaeffer to speak in Ann Arbor May 10

Frank Schaeffer, recently defrocked United Methodist Pastor, will speak at First United Methodist Church on Ann Arbor on Saturday, May 10 at 7 pm. His talk, "Equality in Diversity," will be followed by a Q&A session and a reception.

Frank Schaefer lost his credentials in the United Methodist Church (UMC) in December 2013 because he performed his son’s same-sex marriage. Mr. Schaefer is a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity. He was an ordained United Methodist pastor for more than twenty years. In his closing statement at his trial, Rev. Schaefer stated, “I cannot go back to being a silent supporter. I must continue to be in ministry with all people and speak for LGBTQ people. Members of the jury, before you decide my penalty, you need to know I wear this rainbow stole as a visible sign that this is who I am called to be.”

1 comment: